Monday, May 17, 2010

Chuck Palahniuk | Fight Club | 1996

Tyler Durden,

I’m not going to lie Tyler Durden, but I kind of have a crush on you. What can I say, you’re charismatic and free. You got me a little paranoid for a while there every time I woke up tired. I thought it may have been you. But you’re not part of me, I know. You want to know when else I thought it was you? I hurt the back of my hand pretty badly and it left a mark. I kept thinking it was your kiss out of the corner of my eye. This is my fault though, I was quite sleep deprived. I’m always sleep deprived when I think about you, of course. In any case, I think you know what I’m itchin’ to talk about, Tyler Durden, but you did write the rules and for some reason I seem to follow them. So I will refrain.

Yours respectfully,
Julian Bronson