Thursday, May 13, 2010

Miguel de Cervantes | Don Quixote | 1605

Dear Don Quixote,

I've always respected you and your way of thinking. Even when you covinced Sancho to come with you and chase those damn windmills, I respected you even then. But you wouldn't listen to me when I told you, marry a woman, have children, live a normal life. Instead, you chose reading all those books. Did the books give you children? Did you rescue anyone or anything? NO! There were times when I needed a cuddle, but nooooooooo... you had to save the world, like a mighty brave knight. Did the books give you love? NO! When I asked you to find a soulmate, you said no one could love you. Well, I DID! But I couldn't tell you that. You would've acted out and maybe married that useless tool, Dulcinea. I'm sorry for my horrible and trivial language, but I am frustrated and sad. I know you'd be disappointed to see I've sent this letter, as you were always a big supporter of the face to face discussions. But every time I tried getting into the subject, you yelled at me for interrupting your lecture. Well, let me tell you that this letter is the most important lecture of your life. No words can describe what I'm feeling right now.

Despite the fact I am married, you will always be in my heart.

Yours truly,
Teodora Petrescu

P.S.: I eventually found out from Cervantes that you managed to set yourself free from the cloud of ignorance cast by those terrible books. Too bad it was too late...